How much did your wedding cost?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mine cost $9,000. it was a small ceremony in the backyard with friends and family. then the reception was like a block party. we didnt encourage anyone to bring anyfood but it seems like everyone brought something and then we fried a chicken, and made coleslaw, baked beans then beer, coke, and juice. it very relaxing and very fun. i will be getting final divorce papers here soon. but its great because we celebrated a love. a love we both still share for our daughter and each other except our love for each other has turned more into a friendship. my ex husband saved every dime of his money from his small job so i could finish high school and train for the military. then my MIL, and mom pitched in. my mom bought my dress and the cake, and my MIL helped with food, decorations and we even repainted the house if it hadnt been for re painting the house it wouldnt of been so much but we wanted everything perfect.
    blairsmommy

Answer by blairsmommy at 3:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• over 70K
    Anonymous

• Less than 70k, but a whole lot more than I had intended for it to cost.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• like 500 , we did the easy cheap way here in vegas . we are going to go all out in a couple years when we actually have the money for a wedding .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• 8,000 and 8 years later people are still talking about our wedding. It was a blast!

Anonymous

• By the way the 70K included the entire weekend not the wedding alone. This also paid for a cruise for 150 people & rooms for a small group of ppl for the weekend.
    Anonymous

• We had a lovely outdoor wedding with 75 guests, including dinner, beer, and champagne. We did everything ourselves and were out about $1500, including my dress, decoration, venue, food, drinks, favors, and 2 cakes. People tell me it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. I'm inclined to agree. =)
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 12:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• maybe $2,000. We had a simple, smallish wedding and it was great.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• $25.00 we eloped...
    Anonymous

• We spent about 8k ourselves. We saved for 5 years to pay for our wedding and honeymoon. My mom spent 2k and my father in law surprised us and gave us a 10k check. We used half to pay for the caterer and band the other half went towards our honeymoon. Our wedding was very elegant with 75 guests. The food was wonderful. We got married in a botanical gardens and the reception was there too so decorations were not necessary. Our money went towards the food, bands, alcohol and wait staff. My aunt is a wedding planner so we recieved many things for free or got a huge discount. My wedding would have cost someone else 70-80k.
    Anonymous