What is going on with my EYES??

I asked the doctors and they have no idea so I was hoping someone else had something similar and maybe more concerned doctors.

I can hardly see what I'm typing right now so forgive me if there are typos. For the past month or so every once in a while I have been getting these weird flashy things in front of my eyes. They started out as kind of like a camera flash looking thing, then they went to camera flash morphing in to rainbow stripey thing, then camera flash, stripey thing to pixely thing, usually in a line or arc like shape. It's in both eyes or at least doesn't go away when I close one eye..

Now it's skipped the flash part all together and has been going right into either the rainbow stripes or pixely arc. It lasts anywhere from a half hour to an hour and a half but it always goes away, usually by moving to the periphery of my vision.

It's not Pre eclampsia, my blood pressure is fine, I'm not diabetic. Any ideas?

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 12:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bottom line is, it is not normal...yes, your eyes go through a change when you are prego, but nothing that extreme. You need to see an ophthamologist (not just a regular eye dr) ASAP! It needs to be checked out!
    LandonsMa0403

Answer by LandonsMa0403 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks if that matters. I've asked 3 separate doctors about this and they all just scratch their heads and say "maybe a migraine" but I never get a headache with them.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would see an Opthamologist. It doesn't sound right.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• actualy you can have preeclampsia without high blood pressure being an indicator . my dr warned me of that . i def would try to get a second opinion because if i told my dr that he would probably freak out . lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well they do the pee test thing every time I go in, isn't that what they are looking for? Pre eclampsia I mean.

My OB office if full of a bunch of idiots I think, but no one seems concerned about this. I mean I'm practically blind right now!

Thanks for answering ladies :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• idk if that is what they are looking for lol . i know my dr does it and they look from protein idk if that is what it is lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• since it is getting to bad i would maybe look in to going to the hospital and getting checked just to be safe .
    Mrs.Owen86

• lol, I thought that was what it was for, I could totally be wrong though :p
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would definitely get a new doctor first. It could be preeclampsia or gestational diabetes. But I would definitely get a new doctor who is willing to listen and help you the appropriate way

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My OB office is at the hospital. It's the only high risk clinic around and my baby has some issues.

Well it's starting to clear up again, this is the shortest it's ever been but maybe it's because it skipped the flash bulb part lol.

:)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009