Have you noticed...

That a lot of older adults are doing Facebook? I just set up an account and noticed that people in their 30's and 40's are doing it instead of Myspace, has anyone else noticed?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 12:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 80 something year old grandmother has a Facebook now!!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• LOL, Yea my grammie has a facebook and she's 67. She says it's just so she can see her grandkids pictures.

My mom decided to get one now too because HER mom has one. And my mom is almost 46. But she also has a myspace.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't have either, but most people I do know have it. MySpace ended up having a reputation as being for kids/teens. So it seemed alot of "older" people got into FaceBook. It was a way for them to connect with high school friends, old neighborhood friends, etc. Honey has one, has moved around his whole life with military, etc, so he's now able to connect with some old chums. One of his friends parents are on there and the Dad is 83!!! haha. He even has a video of himself playing the violin. I think it's a riot.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Eeegads..Not some geezer in their 30's using facebook? I use it and I am 34. I have connected with long lost family members. I used to use myspace, but I like facebook better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well I guess I'm a dinosaur then. I am almost 50 and I have a myspce and a facebook page. I am also on Classmates .com. What makes you think only the young are on these sites? I would love to save this question and show it to you 20 yrs from now. Only then will you truly undrestand how ridiculous it is.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I thought about getting a face book page but then I didn't want somebody to be keeping my information even after I delete it. They also keep photos and messages and all that good stuff. I am on myspace. at least they wont keep my stuff.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I saw a segment on the news about this. Older women (50 plus) are the fastest growing group on facebook. My mom has one and all her friendsd are getting them too.
    AndreaLNorris

Answer by AndreaLNorris at 1:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have one and myspace too. I also use Twitter. I am 45.
    Anonymous

• I'm 39 and do it and talk to friends I had in Highschool. Good way to reconnect.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm 36 and I have a facebook acct.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009