Which Breast Pump do you recommend?

hey ladies- i need help! i'm a working mom and will need to pump extra milk for storage, as well as pump while i'm working. so i need a pump that will last, works well, is portable and easy to use. please give me your suggestions. which did u use? did u like it, why or why not! all input appreciated!

myboysnme

Asked by myboysnme at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I loved my AVENT pump, any of them , I have used 3 different ones. I also used a Medela pump, and that one hurt me really bad, and another hospital grade pump that I dont remember the brand, my AVENT got just as much milk out in the same amount of time and it was so much less painfull.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I like the lansinoh double electric and I pump at home as well as when I have to work
    Well
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I use a Medela Pump in Style advance. It's a double electric, it comes with a bag of your choice... a tote or back pack so it's easy to tote along. And it comes with a cooler pack for your milk. I love mine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have the Medela Pump In Style and LOVED it!!!! Double electric pump, very easy to use and very convenient. Works great, nice storage bag.
    megs2boys

Answer by megs2boys at 2:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• avent double electric or medella double electric
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I just used a cheap one from Walmart. I think it was the playtex model. I didn't much like it but it was okay. Did the job. But I understand that some hospitals will rent one to you for a dollar a year. Go figure.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have never heard of a hospital that will rent one for a dollar....

But to answer your question, I have a Lansinoh Double Electric and a Medela Pump In Style.....And I can hardly tell the difference. The Lansinoh was only $150, and the Medela was $290....The Medela is nice because it comes with a nice carrying bag and a cooler, and it does have a nice letdown feature....But I don't pump any more using it, and I don't get the job done any quicker.

I highly recommend either of them, but if you're looking to save a little bit of money, get the Lansinoh, and a bag to carry it in.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have the Medela Pump in Style advance, I've only heard good things about it and it also comes with a car charger so you can pump and drive LOL! Errr you might have to buy that separate I can't remember. I've also heard good things about the Medela Swing or something like that? It's cheaper!
    joeysmommy0921

Answer by joeysmommy0921 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Just to set the record straight- the Medela Pump In Style doesn't come with a car charger. But it does come with a wall plug adapter as well as a battery pack (it uses 8 AA batteries)
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 9:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009