Ideas for a one-year old's easter basket

My son is will be 16 months on easter. I was wondering if any of you have ideas about what to put in a easter basket. I don't want to give him any candy. Thanks for the help.

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• For my kids Easter baskets I always get them their spring and summer stuff. When their this young they get excited about everything. I usually put in a new bathing suit, a beach towel, sunglasses, a hat or bonnet, sunblock and a stuffed animal. That way your prepared for when the weather gets warm and they have fun opening the new things. A few other things I usually get is bath toys, Sippy cups, or eating utensils . They always need to be replaced and your just cutting costs in half getting things you already need instead of getting a bunch of stuff they may not enjoy.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I used to use a little beach bucket for the basket, and fill it with spring/summer things. No candy here either. Son (oldest kid) didn't have candy until he was 5. haha. People thought I was a freak.....maybe I was! haha.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Sidewalk chalk, sand toys, some new smaller sized toys that will fit. I don't like putting a lot of candy in my kids baskets. They get so much candy for Valentines and Halloween. The get some, but not much. I do like the other ideas, for beach stuff. Maybe some other outside toys.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My daughter got a couple Easter-y board books, and little toys, you can just go to Target and looks at their Easter section and find a lot of good toys, and Barnes and Noble will have lots of Easter books.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Books are good. Get the That's Not My Bunny book, Easter Story and a few farm animal books. You can get these at www.ubah.com/u2688
    Add in a couple of Disney Bathtime Body Paints too they're just 99 cents and kids LOVE them! You can get them at www.youravon.com/dhullum code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• A stuffed animal. A book. Crayons and a coloring book. Some bath soap paint that they can use in the tub. bubbles and a bubble blower.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• kids love toys! why not educational toys instead of candy! check my website http://www.discoverytoyslink.com/Jennifer2009

have a nice day!
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• what about a mini magna doodle that he could use in the car? my daughter is going to be 13 months for this easter, she loves playing with her cousins magna doodle, so we got her a mini one for her basket! and if your son likes hot wheels (my daughter loves them too! lol) you could put one each in like four eggs. they don't need a whole basket of eggs!
    jessasmamma

Answer by jessasmamma at 9:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010