my weight

I am almost 4 months along, and weigh 132 lbs. I try to eat, but it does not always want to stay down. how can i fix this problem, and put on more wight? I want to make sure my baby gets the nutrients it needs!

nelson860

Asked by nelson860 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby will , even if you dont eaet the baby takes from you . the baby wont suffer just you . you dont have to put on weight to have a healthy pregnancy i know people who dont gain any i actually lost weigth in my first trimester , try goldfish crackers. if it gets to bad talk to your dr about it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• In less your doctor is worried about your weight gain you have nothing to worry about. You are more then likely getting everything you need. But if your having to much trouble try eating a few saltines before every meal. Also eat smaller more frequent meals. So that your stomach has less work to do each time. Stick with bland foods with little or no seasonings and avoid foods that have in the past made you sick. Really though don't be to worried i weighed way less then you in the beginning of all three of my pregnancies. And I have three very healthy and strong children.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well it's hard to say, what was your starting weight? And is your doctor concerned? It is very common for women to lose weight in the beginning of their pregnancy. Rest assured though, that your baby will take what he needs first and you will get the rest. Maternal instincts kick in from conception and your body is already making sacrifices to make sure your baby is getting what he needs. If your doctor becomes concerned they can put you on medication that helps with nausea and will help you be able be able to keep food down. But that's usually only in extreme situations.

Just talk to your doctor when you go in again and he'll be able to help you out. :) Try not to worry...your baby will get what it needs!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Try not to worry. I personally lost 30lbs in the first 5-6months (gained it all back plus, lol) but went on to have a health 8lb 4oz baby boy :) your body will do what it has to in order to keep you and baby healthy. Try eating like 6 mini meals a day that way you blood surgar stays leave and you aren't tempted to over fill you tummy. Also make sure to take your vitamins, after you eat that will keep them from upsetting your tummy.
    Good Luck
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Dont worry about weight gain. As long as you are eating your baby is getting nutrients even if it comes back up. Kind of a dumb comparison but that is why bluemic people weigh more than annorexic people. They still get some nutrients. I worried too and got on some anti nausea meds that worked....too good. I ended up gaining 86 pounds in the last 5 months alone. It will come!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2009