Immunization Schedule?

Does anyone have or know where I can find the suggested immunization schedule? For example at 6 weeks they get ________ shot, at 6 months they get __________shot, etc? My son has been to 3 different doctors because of moving and insurance reasons. When I went to pick up his immunization record for his Pre-K registration it didn't look right. I think some are missing and he was vaxed on schedule. I would like to compare his record to what the suggestions are and how many doses of each that he needs. Thanks.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 1:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• By age 5 they should have:

5 DTap
    4 hib
    4 polio
    4 Prevnar
    3 Hep B
    2 MMR
    2 Varicella

You can check the CDC to verify accuracy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Is it the same state to state? Or do different states vary?

I don't know off hand because I delayed and selective vaxed, although by the age of 5 all are up to date. I just don't like the earliness and closeness of the "schedule"
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I live in Georgia. I'm not sure if it is different from state to state. I think there is different requirements for pre-k but I am looking for the over all immunization schedule.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• The truth is their are a few different scheduals. Different doctor follow different ones ask your current physian to give you a copy of their injection scheadual he will be able to tell if your son got all the doeses. Some doctors just don't break down vacinations as much as others.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• This is the CDC schedule, the traditional one. THIS is the one that's recommended, every state is the same. Dr's may be different, but not generally.

The normal schedule is:
    Birth- hep b
    2 months- hep b, rotavirus, dtap, hib, PCV, IPV
    4 months- rota, dtap, hib, pcv, ipv
    6 months- hep b, dtap, hib(if not done at 2 or 4mos), pcv
    12 months- heb b, hib, pcv, ipv, flu, mmr, vericella, hep a
    15 months- heb b, dtap, hib, pcv, ipv, flu, mmr, vericella,
    18 months- heb b, dtap, ipv, flu, hep a,
    19-24 months- flu (yearly)
    4-6 years- dtap, ipv, flu, mmr, vericella.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• By the way Hep A and Prevnar (PCV) and flu are all optional vaccines that they don't need to go to school but are recommended.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009