Did you find your prenatal classes helpful or a waste of time?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was really young, so I found them to be helpful. Now that I'm a little older, I think I probably could have learned it all from pregnancy and birth books.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i never took one not with the first andnot with this one . i figured your body is made for it let your body do what it is supposed to .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Just my experience, no bashing please, I took them and when I went into labor pretty much threw it all out the window. I did okay though, baby came out and he's still here!! I didn't go for the next three babies and I did just fine, if not better. Plus I never had the time. I did more reading than anything. If you want to try it go for it! Everyones different. I just think they make a bigger deal out of them sometimes, like the baby won't come out unless you take a class or something.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If 1st pregnancy sure they can be very helpful
    Anonymous

• I took one 8 hour class with my oldest....A COMPLETE waste of time and money. I have 8 younger siblings and was part of my mom's birthing process once. So I may have just had more experience with birth...but hubby wasn't even as experienced and thought they were stupid. Nothing really compares to the real thing. My second child was the test...we learned with the first one and conquered with the other 2.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• hey i learned things i never knew! i didnt know Pineapples cause early labor! lol..i ate a ton of them and i couldnt figure out why i was having contractions and why my cervix was dialated..lol..so the classes helped....for other parts of the classes...i dont think that ill be using some things i learned...some things seemed pointless..others seemed to have helped
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I thought it was really funny that the Duggars are taking another class for their 18th baby!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Pineapples can cause early labor? See, I just learned something new and I didn't have to waste money on a class.

I didn't take any classes, and I did just fine. I did check a video out of the library, and read a lot.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• They are good for some.....but I had to take one for our 1st pregnancy (it's mandatory with my old OB's office for your first child). I found it pointless and knew everything that they had said and mentioned. Hubby, on the other hand, found it interesting. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 2:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i think that the classes are awesome. it is just like with school, some things you learn and remember(like addition and spelling) and use, and some things are just stupid and go in one ear and out the other(like compound equations). but it never hurts to take the classes.
    mommashaybay

Answer by mommashaybay at 12:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009