Eye colour?

About a week ago i noticed my eye's had patches of blue in them. Now i have green eyes and have never come across something like this before. They are only the tiniest of patches but big enough to see up close. My husband noticed it the other night.
My eyes have always been green except from the brown surrounding the pupil which is not easy to notice. Do any of you ladies have any ideas what this could be?

I don't want to go to the doctors and make a big deal out of it so i thought i would ask for your advice first.

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 1:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• If its something you never noticed before, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

There have been stories of cancers showing up like this.

I personally think you should see a doctor, if for nothing else than to put your mind at ease. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, it could be nothing at all (some people's eyes do just randomly change colors), but I'd just want to rule out anything serious.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have one eye that is completely blue, and another that is half blue, and half greenish brown, I had an optomitrist tell me that it was a birth mark on my eye. But I have also heard of people geting specks of different colors in their eyes as they get older too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Im only 26 . I hope im not passed my age lol. They have'nt always been there just recently.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 1:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My eye color changes slightly with the seasons. But my son who was born with blues eyes that changed to brown around two now is getting green speckles all over them. The eye doctor said it was normal for for peoples eye color to change through out their life time.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I do know of someone whose eye color changed in her 20's. It isn't common, but it can happen.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't know what to say! People tell me I have Blue, Green or Grey Eye colors! Mine don't change that Much! My Daughter's used to be Blue then changed when ever.. I always Feared she'd be Stolen & I'd be asked her Eye Clor & I'd say the Wrong Color! Hers are now Hazel!! She just turned 25!! Its A mysetry to me too! You could call your Best Eye DR. & Explain it over the phone before going in! But if you ever find the Right Answer please let us know!! I'm Curious to! Most of all I hope you're Well!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It could be nothing. My grandmother has blue eyes but was born w/ hazel ones. Get it checked to be sure though.
    Anonymous