Paranoid about Sex?

Does having an unexpected pregnancy, pregancy at a young age, and/or pregnancy at a very unstable time in your relationship or life make you really paranoid about having sex because you know you are not ready for #2?

I have just realized that I am SO scared of having sex because I dont want to get pregnant again. Ive had sex once since I had my DS in November and even though we used condoms, I was BFing (which I know is a lame excuse for birth control), and I got my period a month later I still stay up at night worrying about being pregnant again. I dont want sex at all because now I associate sex with getting pregnant and having another child-which I know I am not ready for.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never! im 19 and having my first baby! im excited! i wouldnt mind going through all of this again. I dont believe age has anything to do with it..

I think its the maturity level. If your mature enough even if your like 15..as long as your mature and know that u need to grow up to take care of a life, then have a baby =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• OH yes I have felt the same way...a friend told me that this kind of issue has something to do with the couples relationship something about feeling unhappy towards the partner. But for me it was just a part of growing up. D o not worry this is just temporary the "paranoid will go away or it will transform in something you will be proud about.

Anonymous

• I had my first when I was 18. And even though we got marred and are still happilly married today we wanted to space our kids out we were scared at first but I got on the shot and stoped worrying so much. When I was ready for our second I just didn't go in when it was time for me to get my dose. And our second child was concieved a month later.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I am not ready for baby #2. When we want to have a little fun we use a little protection. I don't think that you should be paranoid about sex. Go get some condoms and enjoy each other.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009