what are all the acronyms?

like kwim, df, dh,ds etc.. ? I see them all the time and I'm always wondering what the hell they mean.
I know what SO,MIL,FIL,SIL,BIL means , but the others baffle me.
Why can't people just refer to them for what they are ex: brother in law, mother in law etc..?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 1:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• kwim-know what I mean
    dh-dear husband
    ds-dear son
    dd-dear daughter

I think df is daughter's father . . not sure about that one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• thanks for clearing that up for me :) LOL I've been wandering around cafe mom for months wondering what the heck those acronyms mean lol
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 2:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I hate them all. It's like people can't take the extra whopping two seconds it takes to type..... and what's sad is I know I've fallen victim to it myself. Really, I'm just afraid people won't know what I'm talking about if I don't shorten it up--haha
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I thought DF meant dear fiance?!? They should send an email when you sign up with all the abbreviations people use! LOL.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009