Wedding help and ideas

My sister is getting married in Aug and we are doing the food ourselves. Any tips about chaffing dishes? Ideas for centerpieces? We are thinking floating candles in little glass bowls, but any ideas would be appreciated!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How about glass vases or jars filled with water and cranberries? You'd have to pack them VERY full, though, since cranberries float.

Check out this or this, though.   Scatter some pearlized silk rose leaves on the table around each centerpiece and I think either one would be very pretty.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Live flower arrangements always looks very elegant.

Anonymous

• Ok, I should have said inexpensive. Inexpensive ideas that stil looik really nice.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Get some terra cotta pots at a craft store or a garden center.Paint them white. Plant some pretty flowers in them. You can tie a ribbon around each pot that matches the colors of the bridesmaids dresses. You end up spending maybe $6 at the most on each center piece.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have TONS of ideas that I never got to use for my own wedding. PM me if you want!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Seashells aren't terribly expensive, you can put them in the bowls with the floating candles. What colors will she be using? If you dont' want to put anything in the bowls maybe you could dye the water with food coloring to match one of the colors of the wedding. Will it be inside or out?
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• The wedding is inside. Her colors are burgundy and pearl. We are doing burgundy linens, so we considered the food coloring, but since the linens are already dark, we decided against it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have tons of inexpensive idea's. But it really depends on her theme to not just colos & if she going for elegant & what her cake & stuf is going to look like. send me a message & I'll give you some ideas.
    RiaDia

Answer by RiaDia at 3:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Those are really pretty.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I hope they give y'all a little something to think about anyway. The other tip - get on The Knot. There's almost invariably some girl selling off her "used" centerpiece craft items, especially if you're in or near a large city.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009