y does she do this?!

my daughter has a month check up on monday so i will talk to her pedi about this, just wondering if anyone on here had their child do this ever...
like i said shes a month old now and daily she will open her mouth and GAG and make a gagging noise its not just one gag at a time, its a few at a time and like i said its pretty much a daily thing.

shell do it while shes sleeping, awake... anytime it occurs.

anyone have any similar situation with their child?
any ideasof what it may be?

she is exclusively breastfed by the way.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dust in the air? could be allergies. i know elijah did things like that and he has horrible allergies
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son is almost 3 yrs old and from birth he did that and still does. Alllergies is one, acid refluxe is my sons problem. But you would notice other problems if it were that. like throwing up all the time or "colic" for more than the normal 3 months. Or she doesent know what she is doing and is just exploring her fingers...teething is another thing.but at one month i dont know...

Good luck and God Bless
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 5:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my 3 yr old daughter did that! the pedi said it wasn't anything maybe dust so i didn't pay much attention to it it eventually stopped but now if she gets to hot or runs to much she will gag... who knows? my ped said he wasn't concerned with it! hope your ped can tell you something more helpful than mine did!
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 5:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my daughter did this and it was just because she knew how to do it. Once babies learn they can do something like that they will do it just to do it. My daughter now blows spit bubbles just because she knows how haha
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009