ne one hve gest diabetes with ne of ur preg? if so how big is the baby now or at birth and how far along r u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have gestational diabetes....when I got my ultra sound done 2 weeks ago (34 weeks) the baby was 5 pounds 11 oz. but that could be off by as much as 2 pounds...I measured with my weeks till this past week (36) I'm measuring 38 weeks so hes a little big...I was told that he shouldn't be more then 9 pounds but you never know. The doctors are taking extra care that hes not going to be too big by inducing me at 39 weeks.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I had GD and my baby was 7 lb 13 oz. As long as you keep it under control then you won't have a large baby. It is the extra sugar that goes straight to fat on the baby. So this is one time to take a diet seriously. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Be careful. I've read that if you get gestational diabetes during pregnancy then you get full blown diabetes later in life.
    Anonymous

• I had GD with my son & he was 7lbs 6oz born 2 days before my due date. kboney29 is right. As long as you keep it under control, the baby usually won't be too big.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I had GD and my baby was only 7 lbs 12 oz born at 39 weeks 1 day. The day before he was born they did an ultrasound and told me that based on that he was going to be about 9lbs 13oz, and that the ultrasound would not be off by more than a pound and a half either way which meant anywhere between like 8 1/2 lbs and 11 lbs. They were pretty far off. And having GD does make you more likely to develop type 2 diabetes later in life, but if you watch your diet and weight, also get enough exercise then you will likely be fine.
    Manaanna

Answer by Manaanna at 9:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009