What is the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was tring to make it to the next exit on a road trip with my son and i ran out of gas just before it . go figure huh , and this guy stopped and filled my tank with a gas can i mean filled it . he said he saw me and decided to go get gas and bring it back . that was the nicest thign ever lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• When I was heading to go buy my wedding dress, i stopped at a friends- when i was leaving I set my purse on top of my car and forgot it there. It had all my wedding dress money in it. Of course I drove off and it fell off the car. Before I even knew I had lost it, I got a call from a stranger saying he saw my purse fall off my car and after a couple questions to make sure it was really my purse he returned it along with ALL my money. Saved my wedding. He wouldn't take anything in return except an invite to the wedding. It was the very best thing a stranger had ever done for me.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 4:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Stuck around to make sure I was alright after a car accident and made sure the police had all the info they needed,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My car broke down in a really bad spot. This guy who was driving behind me pulled into the parking lot right in front of me and came up to my car. He pushed the car into the lot and into a parking spot while I steered. He asked what I was going to do and I said that I called my mom and shed be there in 30 minutes. It was a library parking lot - which is actually where I needed to go. I had the baby in the backseat and a bag of books I needed to return. He carried my books in for me. I thanked him profusely for the help and took the baby into the kids section. When my mom got there, he came out. He'd been waiting for her to show up and he went out with her to check the car out. There was no way it could be fixed there so he offered us to park it at his house which was right down the street so we didnt have to pay for towing and storage. He let us keep it there until we could get it home. I was VERY grateful that he was there.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I was leaving Walmart and realised I had a flat tire. I pulled up behind the grocery store and was crying on the phone, trying to call DDs papi or my dad or SOMEONE to come help me. This guy on a bike saw me, stopped and changed my tire. Neither my dad nor DDs papi were able to come, so this stranger was a life saver!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• A long tie ago,when I borrowed my mom's car and went shopping while she was at work, I was parked on Level 3 of a dark parking garage. My two young children ( ages 2 and 4) were with me, and I had just loaded them, and some packages into the car. I turned the key, and the car turned over, but the engine wouldn't catch and I could hear the battery going dead.. On the edge of panic--(no cell phones--back in the 80s), I got out and raised the hood. Before I could even blink, A man drove up in a truck and asked me if I needed a jump! I said yes, so he brought out his cables, jumped my car, and after It started , I asked how much I owed him. He said "Nothing. Merry Christmas. Just do something nice for someone else [pay it forward] !! I have SO MANY of these stories, that I could fill a book. God has always sent an angel to help when I was in trouble, that there is NO OTHER explaination for the things that have occured.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• These are my nice stranger stories:

When my oldest child was a newborn, I had a flat tire in an area that was residential with condos. I did not have my cell phone (don't know why). So, I picked a house with Easter decorations and asked to use the phone. An old woman lived there and she insisted that I come in with my baby to call my husband. I sent her a thank you card and told her as I left--thank you. Another time, I bumped an older woman's car. I left a small scratch. She was so gracious--took my information, and we parted. Her car was brand new! Anyway, when she called me I though--here is comes an insurance claim and $$ issues. But instead she was calling, all excited because her dealer had buffed out the marks for free and she wanted me to know and not worry! I sent her a thank you card too.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i did not have enough cash on me to get the rest of 30 bucks in food as i was shopping.. i thought i had more than what i had..the person in line behinde me payed the difference for me.
    after that i waited up front for him after he checked out.. i asked him what i could do to re-pay him and he said nothing. ..
    finally after going back and forth i took his nothing and left....
    about 2 weeks later, i saw him at a gas station.. i then had extra cash on me and gave him 40 bucks. 30 for the food he spent on me and 10 extra for the help he did for me.
    he did not want to take it.. but to end another battle with saying "dont worry about it" i simply said "take, and thats that" and i walked to my car and left..so he could not give it back to me.
    Anonymous

• I live in a small town so nobody is afraid to stop and help someone. Every time I've had a flat, someone has shown up to rescue me. (Even though I know how to do it myself, someone has always caught me starting and done it for me...nice right!) One time my alternator broke and a man said "let me go call into work and I'll come back and take a look at your car". Not only did he leave and come back, he replaced my alternator for the cost of the part!!! lol...of course I was younger and better looking then...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• one year me and my family went to Myrtle Beach,and we went to a big mall.I lost my wallet,I had 800.00 or more in it ,we looked for 3 hrs for it we split up and no where to be seen,and then finally I went by a man sitting on a bench,and he said I had left my wallet on the bench when I stopped there to feed the baby,he sat there for three hours,untill I came back.He said he was'nt able to walk the mall to find me ,but he knew eventually I would show up.I done everything to give him some money,and he refused,he said ," I would hope someone would do it for me.He truly earned a star in his crown for helping me,and being so honest. I would of had no vacation money,or grocery money.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2009