how can i get my 9month old baby to sleep though the night

my mother in law babysits her while i am at work

Shushma

Asked by Shushma at 3:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry, but I have 3 kids and none of them slept through the night at that age. Mine were closer to 18 months or so.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 4:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i dont think they do at that age, mine is 7 months and still wakes up a couple times to eat.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yep, my baby is going on 8 months and still wakes up a few times to eat ( I'm not breastfeeding either) the other thing, she DOES not take naps, maybe one or two for about 15 minutes, so forget about reading a book or magazine, she is scrawling around me right now while I try to read my e mails.... So good luck..... WELL, There is one old fashion remedy, I have not tried yet
    you cook lettuce use the water from the lettuce mix with regular water and bath your baby.
    All my older family members swear by it... just make sure the lettuce water cools down don't burn your baby! I may try it tonight.
    bittersweet247

Answer by bittersweet247 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son is 11 months and it is hit and miss. I usually give him 8oz of formula about 8pm and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. If he wakes during the night and doesn't go back to sleep, I just plop him into bed with me. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Your son will sleep through the night when he is ready. My 9-month-old is sleeping through the night now. He recently started. But before this, he woke up 2-3 times a night. Every baby gains this ability at their own time. My friend's baby slept through the night at 3 months old. I was so jealous! It helps to give them a snack (fruit, or fruit mixed with cereal) an hour before bed, and give them at least 6-8oz formula/breastmilk. At least thats what works for my son.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009