Help with relationship?

Me and my boyfriend Craig have just had our baby Hayley. We had random hookup sex when she was concieved, but he stood up and took responsibility and is involved in her life. However, before we were actually a 'couple' he hooked up with this girl, Marie. She's 5 months pregnant. I have just found this out, and i'm so stressed with having Hayley Rose in the NICU i just dont know what to do!!! Craig wont talk about it..he says "itll solve itsself" but i dont belive it will. I'm afraid he'll leave me for her..I live with Craig and if he DOES leave me i'll be out on my own.. My mother has nothing to do with me nor her grandchild..and i would have no place to go..im a junior in highschool and i dont want to comprimise an education if we do split..i want to finish highschool and i want to give Hayley the best future she can have..Im so stressed out with all of this..It feels like i have nobody to turn to..Id appreciate any advice!!

Emily_x

Asked by Emily_x at 3:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• It will all work out. If I were you I would make it work, some how. Your education is SO important, to you and your daughter. And her father needs to be around for her.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• First off remain calm. He stepped up to the plate when it was important to do so therefore, I don't think he'll throw you in the streets. Just work on dealing with the baby and school. Take one day at a time and work toward planning independence in the future if it comes to that. Trust him when he says it will work itself out. He's a wise young man.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well 1st ? do you love each other? 2nd ? Is the other kid his? However if he stepped up I don't see him leaving you or throwing you out. I'm sure in this time you have built some kind of a bond. His comment about it will work it's self is a mans way of setting one problem aside temp. to deal with another. You said haley was in NICU this is most likely his 1st concern. That plays good for you, because he is thinking of you and haley first. So he will most likely not kick you out no matter what. I also find this chicks timing to be very odd, are you sure she is prego? I f so what does she want? Girls don't just pop up at a time like this with news like that for no reason, she sounds manipulative, and I wouldn't trust her. She sounds like she wants your man. Remain calm though if you flip out or start acusing him of things you will only push him away.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• if he says itll work itself out then he means that, hes odviously still with you sweetie he's prolly knows she's pregnant since the day she found out! and he still chose you and hayley, dont worry so much! just keep your head up! and the more you badger him about it the more he may get upset with the situation! like i said if he wanted to be with her he would already be there with her!!! good luck it will all work itself out i promise!
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 6:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Have you looked in to counseling for the two of you? It might help you guys to deal with all the stress you are going through.

If he does leave there are shelters you can go to. At least you and your baby will not be on the street. And most of them have programs to help you finish school.

I am sorry you are in this situation, but good for you for wanting to get an education. I hope it all works out!
    OzzysMom

Answer by OzzysMom at 4:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009