Have any of you ever had bright red spotting in the first trimester and went on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I am currently about 7 1/2 weeks with my second child. When I was 5 1/2 weeks I woke up in the morning and had bright red blood on the toilet paper. I immediately went to ER since I have mc twice this year already. They did an Hcg level and it was 7056 and the ultrasound showed "fluid in uterus" most likely a gestational sac measuring around 45 days. I saw my midwife the next day and she said she wasnt worried unless I started heavy bleeding or cramping. I spotted off and on for a little over a week, mainly when I woke up in the morning. I have had very little spotting this week and am still nauseated and peeing a lot. I have my u/s Thursday the 26th. I am just so worried that my baby is gone....just wondering if anyone has had a similiar experience and went on to have a healthy pregnancy. My midwife said about 25% of pregnancies will have spotting in the first trimester.

alyssasmommy25

Asked by alyssasmommy25 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had a mc a few months ago and when i started spotting i just did not feel right i was not normal pregnant sick. since you are still nauseated sounds good. and you need to just relax the baby don't need you to stress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i did and i have a healthy 1 year old
    mommyofcolby

Answer by mommyofcolby at 10:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Relax and trust the midwife.. take care of yourself!!
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 11:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I had some bleeding during my first trimester with my youngest. I agree with the gals above, relax, trust your midwife (If you dont, get a new one!) and hang tight for the nest u/s.
    My last pregnancy with dd was by far the hardest on my body, everything from the bleeding/spotting, preeclampsia and gestational diabetes ... she is now almost 7 and is healthy, very smart (had to add mommy brag ;o) and ornery. So, yes .. you can have a healthy baby with bleeding!
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 11:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• With both of my pregnancies they started off with bright red spotting, my doc said it is common to have AF the first trimester while prego as long as u dont have cramps and heavy bleeding u should be ok! Good Luck and I am sure all will be fine! I know how scary it is when u see blood when prego huh?
    missy31481

Answer by missy31481 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I did...and my 16 month old daughter is sitting in my lap right now! Relax...but also don't be afraid to harass your midwife/doctor until you feel comfortable about what is going on. Trust your intuition.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• omg yes...with my first......although I think later after researching it ...it was a twin...that never developed...I bled unbelievably at 11 weeks....and she was fine...2 days late...6 pounds 12 oz.....she is 16 now.....and healthy as a horse....i spotted throughout my pregnancy.
    dottief13

Answer by dottief13 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008