Have any of you ever had bright red spotting in the first trimester and went on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I am currently about 7 1/2 weeks with my second child. When I was 5 1/2 weeks I woke up in the morning and had bright red blood on the toilet paper. I immediately went to ER since I have mc twice this year already. They did an Hcg level and it was 7056 and the ultrasound showed "fluid in uterus" most likely a gestational sac measuring around 45 days. I saw my midwife the next day and she said she wasnt worried unless I started heavy bleeding or cramping. I spotted off and on for a little over a week, mainly when I woke up in the morning. I have had very little spotting this week and am still nauseated and peeing a lot. I have my u/s Thursday the 26th. I am just so worried that my baby is gone....just wondering if anyone has had a similiar experience and went on to have a healthy pregnancy. My midwife said about 25% of pregnancies will have spotting in the first trimester.

Asked by alyssasmommy25 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had a mc a few months ago and when i started spotting i just did not feel right i was not normal pregnant sick. since you are still nauseated sounds good. and you need to just relax the baby don't need you to stress.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i did and i have a healthy 1 year old

Answer by mommyofcolby at 10:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Relax and trust the midwife.. take care of yourself!!

Answer by mars33me at 11:04 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I had some bleeding during my first trimester with my youngest. I agree with the gals above, relax, trust your midwife (If you dont, get a new one!) and hang tight for the nest u/s.
    My last pregnancy with dd was by far the hardest on my body, everything from the bleeding/spotting, preeclampsia and gestational diabetes ... she is now almost 7 and is healthy, very smart (had to add mommy brag ;o) and ornery. So, yes .. you can have a healthy baby with bleeding!

Answer by New2WAHJ at 11:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• With both of my pregnancies they started off with bright red spotting, my doc said it is common to have AF the first trimester while prego as long as u dont have cramps and heavy bleeding u should be ok! Good Luck and I am sure all will be fine! I know how scary it is when u see blood when prego huh?

Answer by missy31481 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I did...and my 16 month old daughter is sitting in my lap right now! Relax...but also don't be afraid to harass your midwife/doctor until you feel comfortable about what is going on. Trust your intuition.

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• omg yes...with my first......although I think later after researching it was a twin...that never developed...I bled unbelievably at 11 weeks....and she was fine...2 days late...6 pounds 12 oz.....she is 16 now.....and healthy as a horse....i spotted throughout my pregnancy.

Answer by dottief13 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008