When do baby's start to teeth?

My daughter isnt even 3 months old yet and is already showing symptoms of teething. She is drooling a lot, has the rash on her chin, puts anything she can in her mouth, and is very irritable from time to time. She used to sleep through the night and now she is up every few hours. Help!!

Kayliesmommy09

Asked by Kayliesmommy09 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babies teeth at ALL different ages. my best friend's son is almost two and doesnt have all of his teeth yet. still missing i think just one now. but he took LOTS of time. My son on the other had had every single tooth by the time he was a year, and it started at about 2 months or so. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It could be teething signs, but it doesn't mean teeth are going to come in anytime soon. My daughter did all those things at around 3-4 months and didn't cut her first tooth until 10.5 months haha. : / that was fun!

every baby is different. Some get teeth at 3-4 months, others don't. Good luck. :) try frozen washcloths if she's putting things in her mouth. I use the baby washcloths and get them wet then throw them in the freezer. Becka loved it!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• She very well could be teething. I would do teething tablets during the day, especially if she has trouble settling for naps. And some tylenol at night. My dd was teething at 3 months and popped her bottomr two teeth at 4 months. The best way to get a idea of when she will get teeth is to look back you and so's baby books. Teeth has a lot to do with genetics. Good luck and hang in there, it will pass!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My little girl isn't even 12 wks yet and has started teething about a week ago, so it's definitely possible. She hasn't learned how to chew things yet, so whenever she cries like it hurts, I rub her gums with my finger and give her some tylenol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Every baby is different in regards to teething.

At 3 months of age, the sleeplessness is a sign of her growth spurt.

The rest could be teething, and it could still take several months for the teeth to pop through.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son started teething symptoms by 1 month, but at age 11 months still has no teeth. Like another poster said, could be teething but also sounds like a growing spurt
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2009