babyshower food....whats good ideas for alot of people?

i was married into a mexican family an when they threw parties everyone comesnow my mother is puting it together but i want food i know ill eat an she says she can make chicken salad an its grose its not even chicken salad its mayo mix veggys an boiled chicken so please help with dishes that are easy cheap an for alot of people

june09due

Asked by june09due at 4:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• riggatoni, hot sausage, or sweet whichever, bbq ham, meatball subs, you can go to walmart and order chicken, and hoagie rings, potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, tons of stuff....
    Anonymous

• I would just go and ghet like a deli try for snacks and stuff, you don't have to serve a whole meal at a shower. Just snacks, chips and dip, and of corse the cake. If you are really wanting a meal then go with something easy, even grill outside. Or a buffet type thing.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• manwich ! that's what my family serves for everything!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• if your looking for cheap, check out some crock pot recipes... id tell you some myself but personally i dont know any lol.. i just know there are alot of people who use their crock pots for big easy cheap party foods
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Crockpot: A package of regular (not Italian) meatballs and a big jar of sweet and sour sauce.Cook on high or low until heated through at least and simmered for a while.)
    It is cheaper than buying deli trays to make your own- get a pound each of sliced deli meats and cheeses- it only takes a few minutes to arrange them very nicely on a tray- have sliced rolls plus some rye bread, pickles, mustard and mayo, lettuce. Chips. Buy potato salad, put it in your own bowl with some extra celery and onion, maybe a little relish. Carrot and celery sticks and dip. That is plenty for a shower. If you want to have something more, get a sliced ham or a sliced turkey from the deli.

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Call a caterer.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree with bmat...Love meatballs. We usually thaw the frozen meatballs in the microwave and put 1 jar of grape jelly and 1 jar of chili sauce...look online for exact measurements. I also like a layer dip. One of my favorites is 2 pkgs of cream cheese spread in bottom of a 9x13 pan and 2 cans of no beans hormel chili on top. sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 350 for 10-15mins or until melted.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• sandwiches (turkey, ham, cheese , tomatoes, lettuce, pickles), potatoe salad, dips, meatballs, lasagna, salad --hope this helps
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• pigs in blankets!! I made them the other day for my sister's birthday party and you can make a TON with a 2lb bag of mini sausages and 2pks of the big crescent rolls from Pilsbury
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• at mine we had chicken salad sandwiches omg i want some lol and my mom made little cloth diaper things that held mints and a bunch of other stuff really it matters on what the mommy to be wants
    bubblemom101

Answer by bubblemom101 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009