Is this normal?

This may be TMI for some of you but I'm 12 weeks pregnant and sometimes when I stand up I have fluid just leak from me...It's clear and odorless. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm...I would call your doctor to make sure your water is not broken. Otherwise, it could just be urine.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yeah it's fine
    Anonymous

• If it is clear and odorless then I wouldn't think it is urine. I would give the doc a call just to be safe.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• You need to be careful. If your water breaks there is a good chance that if you dont deliver in 48 hrs ( I'm sure you wont at 12 weeks) then you are at risk for an infection. I had problems with things like that all the time but mine was urine.lol Baby is pushing on your bladder ya know ,they always said..They always say to see a dr. if you have clear fluid leaking when you are pregnant. If it is urine, they have seen it a million times. What would it hurt? I would get checked...
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 4:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Go to the ER if your dr is not available because it needs to be checked to make sure your water hasnt broken. I had my water break and start leaking early in my first pregnancy, but because no one caught it in time I got an infection and miscarried, so PLEASE go have it checked ASAP. It could save your baby's life. You normally have 12-24 hours from the time the water breaks before infection CAN set it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• its fine.... its a type of discharge that is released from your cervix to strenghten the mucus inside for the baby to grow I am also experiencing this problem! dont worry unless it gets blood in it!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009