Boxed hair-dye.. HELP

Sooo here's the situation. My mom has natural brown hair, but she's been dying it blonde for like ever now, but we tried to put some brown highlights in it today..and it turned out WAYYYY too dark and she hates it and is freaking out..
anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? its sunday night and the salons arnt open anymore, and she has to work in the morning.
thanks!

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 4:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• They normally say not to wash or wet your hair for 24 hours. So I would get her to wash it. Any shampoo that doesn't protect colored hair will help the color wash out faster.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• put blonde over it? it wont fall out, ive bleached my hair 2 times in one day and couple more times that same week cause i wanted my hair to be platinum blonde
    Anonymous

• JC Penney's Styling Salon is still open.. I know, cause they fixed mine on the weekend too.
    Anonymous

• There is a kit you can buy that will remove the color that you just put on. I think you can get it at Sally's and they are open on Sundays. They could recommend something as well.  I know I have used dawn to tone down some of the darkness after I felt I died my hair too dark.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• have her wash hair with dish soap,may wash out some dye,time will also lessen intensity.some are strong in beginning,but wash out some in a week or two.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yea wash it a few times it will lightin up
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Washing your hair again after you do the coloring will help get more dye out. I know when I do mine, dye still comes out for like 2 or 3 washings afterwards. So have her wash her hair again and maybe try the dish soap like someone else suggested although I personally wouldn't want to use dish soap (it is stronger than regular soap or shampoos for cleaning dishes) but thats just me.
    Solera

Answer by Solera at 5:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009