Would you still have voted the way you did?

Would you still have voted the way you did if both candidates in the election had been black men? So the race of the candidates was NO issue whatsoever? So that whichever man won it would have been an historical election? I know this might be sensitive so you can answer Anon if you wish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course i'd of still voted the way I did.I vote on principles,veiws,morals and values,character,what their past tells me.
    Anon who said its republicans bringing up Obama's race ...both sides have for different reasons.You deffinitely cannot pin this one on one side no matter how hard you may try.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I probly woulda voted for McCain if he was black.
    Anonymous

• If that had been the case, Dr. Alan Keyes would have been the Republican Candidate,and you better believe in a heartbeat I'd of voted for him! He'd of made the kind of President this county could and would be proud of . Not the egomaniac clueless moron we are stuck with.
    Anonymous

• I would have voted for MCain/Palin even if they were purple,I could care a less about color.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Again, really?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Obama across the board. I can't fathom people voting republican after the Bush catastrophe.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 5:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Race had nothing to do with the way I voted in this election. I would vote Republican regardless of the color of the person. Its their beliefs and policies I care about...not the color of their skin. I didn't vote for Obama because I don't believe in the things he believes in...not because he is black.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Race had nothing to do with my vote so yes of course I would have still voted for Obama. You couldn't pay me to vote Republican.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 5:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't understand the reasoning behind this question? I voted for who I voted for because I thought the values and principle of the candidate best matched mine. Not entirely, but were the most fitting match. Skin color was not even a factor for me. This seems like a silly question to infuse drama... Isn't there enough drama in the ACTUAL politics occuring in DC? Why do you have to fabricate more?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• OP, let me predict that you will never get the answer I think you may be looking for, which is an admission that people voted entirely on the basis of race. Here's the truth of the matter....dems voted for him because they are dems and they will always vote democratic. Republicans will say the only reason he won was because he is black.
    I think the only person that is concerned about his race is you, OP.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009