What the hell is wrong with me??

I just had a baby in December. So he is three months old now and I am already feeling like I want to get pregnant again!! I don't know why I am feeling this way. My son already takes up so much of my time and energy I don't know how I would handle having him and being pregnant and then a one year old and a newborn. I know my husband would never go for having a baby this soon so he doesn't even know about my feeling this way. What is going on with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree it is probably hormones. Even if you are not breastfeeding your body is still not back to normal after being pregnant and going through labor. Also alicia is right your three month old is so cute now it is only natural to want another! I would say give it time, especially since your husband wouldn't be ready. But there have been many parents who have had kids only a year apart and did great.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I havent heard of that . But if you are nursing, your hormones are going nuts right now and that may explain it
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 5:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• baby fever, 3 months is when baby is the cutest.. wait until he starts walking and terrorizing then you wont want one so bad :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• For some reason I'm always wanting to get pregant again too.. I have THREE kids and a step daughter!! I'm overloaded! But I still can't stop thinking about getting pregnant. But as soon as I start thinking I'm pregnant I cry and get scared because we don't have the money or space for another baby.. plus my youngest is only 1 1/2.. I don't know.. ever since I was of age to have children.. I've had baby fever!! lol..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i feel the same way my dd is 4months and my ds is 2yrs and im want another one
    Anonymous

• Wait, and give your body a chance to heal.
    Anonymous

• I felt the same way in the beginning. I think I just enjoyed the whole process so much that I just wanted to do it again. Kind of like riding a really fun roller coaster lol. I know I couldn't handle 2 little ones though, and I'm back to wanting to wait a few more years now.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• DO NOT TAKE THIS OFFESIVELY my husband calls this power mothering you are going through another big change with your body! and you felt good... sooo good during pregnancy that you wish to see another miracle in your life! its normal but i wouldnt suggest having another yet think about it first! you are doing such a wonderful job being a mother that you enjoy the feeling congrats on that!!!~~!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2009