to gain a little weight

how do i get my dd to gain a little weight she 4months and weights 11lbs doctor says she too little but its not my fault i feed her when she hungry and all her blood work came back negitive now they have her on the zantac for the spitting up problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It ought to get better if she stops spitting up so much.

My four month old is 14lbs...not THAT much of a difference, really.

And if she has been putting on weight since her birth, that is always a good sign.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 5:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Is she breastfed or bottle fed? If she is breastfed go to http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Protocol%20to%20Increase%20Breastmilk%20Intake.asp

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• op

She was breast fed for 2months and then i ran out of milk i tryed everything...so now she is on zantac and a hypoalergeinc milk
    Anonymous

• I'm weary anytime I hear docs say babies are too little. All my kids were on the small side. When my first was born the ped said she was small (7lbs 3oz) and I needed to feed her every two hours. She gained weight slow, but she was active, ate good and reached all the milestones. Now our new ped is saying our son is too small (he doesn't even chart out on weight) but he again is active, eats well and reaches all the milestones for his age and passes some of them. Both our daughters weighted just over 11lbs when they were 4 months too.

marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• She may end up like I was and my son now is. Just small. I was either 23 or 32 lbs in Kindergarten. I don't remember which, but, both are teeny. My son is 13 and weighs 76lbs. which is also teeny. But, he is active, eats healthy and is gaining slowly but surely. Just keep feeding her and she will be fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• op-
    thanks make me feel better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009