Is it possible to keep it all done up

Im just wondering ........I work a full time job, stand on my feet in the cold all day, have four kids that I have to come home and cook for and help with homework and by time im done im completely drained. By the way my hubby does help with the cooking and stuff hes wonderful but is it really possible to keep a house spotless because as long as the front rooms are clean its alright with me until the weekend. Is there anyone with the same situation or am I just being to lazy.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 5:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• not being lazy.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• ..you are not being that is lol
    aliciatron

• I hate a dirty house....BUT with everything a working mother is exprected and has to do IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!
    My hubby help so much though, he works for the railroad so his job is very demanding....and yet he cooks and cleans....its his way of helping me save some energy for the bedroom!!!!
    So in the end I win and he REALLY wins.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. I don't have even have a job and I know what you mean. Things just get messy, and unless you are going to be screaming all the time (or you taught your kids to clean up after themselves since they were about 2, which unfortunately I didn't do), things just aren't always going to be perfectly clean. I have learned that a thorough cleaning on Saturdays (when everyone can pitch in) can get me through the week. Then I set up a system where they at least have to clean their rooms everyday. The rest I take care of. But since you work, I say, just let it go till the weekend. It is not the most important thing in the world.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i know what you mean, usually through the week i just make sure the living room dining room and kitchen are picked up and not nasty looking because those are the only 3 rooms you see if you come to my apartment, unless you walk into a bedroom which that is all on you lol! on the weekend tho i normally clean the whole house this weekend tho yeah i didn't clean anything it looks like toys r us and jc penny puked lol its kinda gross
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 6:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Dirty and cluttered are two different things. As long as there aren't any bugs or food on the floor or counters, I straighten up the living room until the weekend. I always make sure the kitchen is very clean.
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem. I work full time, and simply can't keep up with the housework. I keep up with the laundry and the kitchen, but the rest of the house is a bit of a mess. There is only so much I can do. My husband does nothing!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009