engorgement

I am stopping breastfeeding (please no bashing) and was wondering how long the engorgement lasts. I had him down to 2 feedings a day, thats all I have been producing for a month now, and stopped saturday night. I'm just in a lot of pain and hope there is an end to it. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it took me 3weeks for it to stopp
    Anonymous

• take cold cabbageleaves and break the "veins" in the leaves then place them in your bra for 2-3 days. It should relieve it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I agree the cabbage leaves worked for me, took about a week but it worked! don't let hot water in the shower hit your chest it will only hurt worse!! GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• it took me only a few days to get past this.. Basically what I did was for the first couple days it was to the point where my breasts were so full it was unbearable so I pumped just a little to relieve a little bit of the preasure and by the 3rd day it was gone. Also try a hot pad on your breasts. You'll get through it. The pump really helped me.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009