How far would you go to find out if your husband is cheating on you or would cheat on you?

About 15 years ago my aunt hired a private eye to spy on her husband. It turned out he was cheating on her and they have been divorced ever since.
About a year ago my sister created a fake myspace profile to "test" her husband. She put up pictures of a hot chick and started flirting with her husband under the fake profile. She claimed to be a girl he went to high school with and tried to get him to meet up with this fake chick. She wanted to see if he would cheat given the opportunity. Now this past week a co worker of mine approached me about helping her out. She asked if I would approach her husband when he went to a bar with his guy friends and see how far he would go with me! I told her no. So she posted an add on craigslist and has actually hired a woman to do this next weekend!
I would be lying if I said I hadn't glanced through our cell phone bill a few times to see who DH was calling, but these seem too extreme!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• How rude is your coworker? To assume that you would be okay with hitting on her husband and seeing "how far he would go". Sure it is a compliment that she thinks you are attractive, but she must think you have no morals to go in on an entrapment scheme against her husband. Especially since you are already married!!
    I agree that a marriage with no trust is not one worth being in.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I say only do what you can handle. If they are just being CRAZY that is one thing...BUT if she has just cause then I would say DO IT.
    Anonymous

• I would'nt go no futher than my recliner,if I could'nt trust my husband ,I would'nt want him,and the way I see it ,if they are gonna cheat,they are gonna cheat,I beleive if they do it ,they will eventually hang themselves,Everything done in the dark will be brought to light. It's called Karma
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• This is sad. If I didn't trust my husband I wouldn't be with him. You can't have a marriage without trust and honesty. Cliche but true.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i would hire a PI
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• without reading yor entire question, i think that its really harmful on a relationship to accuse him all the time or ask him if he is.. because if they arent they will see that you dont trust them and may start doing it, and if they are, its not going to make them stop, just be sneakier. go through voicemails or emails stuff like that.. if its happening you will catch him lets just put it that way, no one can hide it forever.. if hes your husband or father of your kids and you really want to spend the money to do the private eye thing, then go for it.. there is no tolderance for being unfaithful..
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009