Baby's eye is teary

My son's left eye is really watery and moist. At the corner of the eye, especially after he has been sleeping, there is some "crustys" (sorry I dont know the technical term) That eye is really teary and watery but the other is fine. He has some drainage coming out but the liquid is just clear, no wierd colors. His eye isnt pink nor swollen. It just started today. What do you think it could be? What should I do?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Allergies?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My son has the same thing. It sounds like a blocked tear duct. It will go away with time.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 6:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Blocked tear duct. You could use a damp, warm towel and gently massage the area if you want. My oldest had this problem.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my baby had teary eye after 2 weeks she was born the doctor said that it was a blocked tear duct so he gave me some kind of drops and it didn't work so my mom told me to put drops of natural te into the eyes... i couldn't believe it but it worked.. what u have to do is put those little bags of te in hot watter and live it until the watter is warm, is better if you put just a little bit of watter... then take the te bag and squeeze it into the eyes like 2 to 3 drops then scrub the eyes gently with the te bag... do not use the same te and te bag for next drops... (make sure is natural te no green te or else the baby is gonna feel like your putting alcohol on it... the one that i used is LIPTON 100% natural te you can find it in any store)
    pamblaze25

Answer by pamblaze25 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If you're breastfeeding, squeeze a little breastmilk at the corner of your baby's eye so it runs into their eye, then gentle wipe their CLOSED eye with a wet washcloth.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My daughter got this a few times. Its a blocked tear duct. Its very easy to cure also. Take a warm wet washcloth and massage it on the corner of her eye 3-5 times a day. it will unclog the duct and go away within a couple days.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009