what kind of yogurt is good for your 3 and 1 yr old?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• There are yogurts out there made specifically for toddlers.
    Anonymous

• I use plain yogurt, one with no extras(like HFCS and gelatin). You can then add mashed fruit like blueberries and strawberries for flavor.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• uhduh i want the name brands for those yogurts.????
    Anonymous

• There is yogurt made from goats milk, or soybean milk, there is Greek yogurt which is very thick and high in protein, there is regular yogurt made from skim milk all the way to full fat milk. Personally, I would choose Greek yogurt for the protein, or the goat or soy milk. There are different brands. You just need to go look--most likely at a Whole Foods or similar store if you want a variety from which to pick. The Greek is also lower in sugar than Yoplait.
    Anonymous

• We use yo baby yogurt, by stony field farms! :) You can get a simple vanilla and banana kind or the kind with fruit and cereal. It's really good, it's also organic! So no hormones, nothing. :)

Also, you can buy Stony Feild farms plain yogurt and add fruit to it, they make a lowfat or whole milk plain and it's good too!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Yoplait, I give my kids any kind of yogurt I eat. Technically, yo-baby is the best cause it is made from whole milk but I give mine whatever kind I have.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I love Stony field farms. I get the Trader Joes brand too. I don't buy yoplait, it has HFCS in it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I did yo baby as long as possible, b/c its available in the major supermarkets as well as the organic ones (so one less trip) As long as its as organic or Hormone free as possible you're on the good side.
    Plain yogurt is super healthy and good for lots of what may ail you but kids often like the sweetness of fruit.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Danimals, wal-mart carries it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Anything but Danimals- it is FULL of CRAP!!! Read labels- avoid HFCS, look for full fat- they generally need it. Go organic if at all possible. Stonyfield Farms is good- so is Nancy's. Brown Cow is also good. Avoid the big names like Yoplait etc- they are full of fillers and low quality dairy.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2009