Have you ever attended an online college and graduated and got a job?

Asked by Tahjanae_s_Mom at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I haven't, but I know that they aren't looked at the same way a traditional school is. It's similar to the difference between a high school diploma and a GED. They're SUPPOSEDLY the same thing, but if you told a supervisor who is earning six figures that taking one test is the same as actually attending school for all four years is the same, he'd prob laugh. Traditional schools and local community colleges offer all online degrees, and you don't have to be in the area to attend. Do some research on your local schools. You can get student loans, you can get in with a GED, etc. Those late night TV online schools and "colleges" are soooo commercial. I personally would only attend a normal college. If you do decide to look into it, check there accredidations and make sure your credits would be transferrable if you decided to go to a regular college!

Answer by amandae21 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I am currently going to University of Phoenix online and will graduate July 13th. You just have to be careful with accredidation (they are nationally accredited so your degree will be good anywhere in US). I have sort of been looking for a job, but don't have any experience other than college, so I haven't had much luck. Depending on what you take, UOP will set you up with a local internship.

Answer by momx7 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I joined university of phoenix online for about a year and I was working and goign to college at the same time

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I take online classes through Ashworth University. They are Nationally accredited and so I know that I can transfer my credits when I go to get my Bachelors Degree.

Answer by lisafc at 3:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I went to school online with Kaplan University. It's a great school, very well-structured and accredited. You just have to make sure that you get a legitimate school. Do your research, talk to instructors, ask around, do google searches. Everything you can to make sure you get the most information that you can about a school. Good luck!

Answer by mommynlovinit at 7:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used the online college to take classes I didn't have time to take at my actual school. Though I heard University of Phoniex is good.

Answer by tyjomom at 12:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I will start school at the end of this month online through Grand Canyon University (based in Phoenix, AZ) and they are fully accredited, so I don't forsee having any problems getting a job. One of my friends completed her degree with the University of Phoenix last winter and she found a job about 3 or 4 months later. I agree with the others in that you have to do your research and definitely make sure they are accredited.

Answer by mamasgurl at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm trying to enroll in an online college. I need my business admin degree to get where I want to go in my current company.

Answer by tinandril at 10:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know several ladies that have kids and have done this and have jobs in the degree they got. good luck! I am wanting to do the online photography in New York so wish me luck!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 4:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It really depends on what your doing. Look into it. My mom did a medical transcription course and makes a good living now doing that. You will have to check with the type of job you want what colleges are approved and which are not. Hope it helps.

Answer by NomadSara at 5:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008