How long does it take to get back to doing regular stuff after a c-section

I am 6 weeks pp and I am still worried that I might do too much. I feel fine, just a few pangs of pain here and there. But I want to start taking daily walks but I dont know how far is too far.

nikki1567

Asked by nikki1567 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At 6 weeks you can probably start walking, just start off small only walk for like 5 or 10 minutes, and then increase from there. at this point its up to how YOU feel, and what your up to! I think 8 weeks is supposed to be the complete recovery time for a c section, so go with what is most comfortable for you!
    MrsJasonSalas

Answer by MrsJasonSalas at 10:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• at 6 weeks you'll be okay to start walking.. just dont do a lot at once.. work yourself back into it.. i felt the same way after my ds was born.. i didnt get released until 10 weeks.. only because my dr was out of town and couldn't see me.. i think 8 weeks is recovery too
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i started feeling completly normal again at 8 weeks, i'm just now tho getting back to being able to do more then 20 crunches without my stomach muscals spazeming. so just take your time mama n you'll know if your over doing it, you'd prob be fine walking but i wouldn't push running or jump rope yet
    mamataylor220

Answer by mamataylor220 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008