Please Help! We have been married 16 years (3kids) these past few months he has started to be more angry. I feel as if I walk on glass when I'm around him and it makes me nervouse. He says I complain to much. I am a stay at home mom. I have had depression issues since I was in college and he's always blaming our fights on me or my PMS. The past week I haven't complained about anything but this does'nt feel right. Makes me mad at him. I'm scared What should I do?

Noonie68

Asked by Noonie68 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Has there been more stress in his life?Like stress at work?
    Anonymous

• He sounds pretty stretched to the limits of his tolerance. Maybe this is because of stress from work? He has a lot of responsibility being the only one making an income and he's worried. (I'm a SAHM, too)
    Can you do something really nice for him? Maybe make his favorite meal and rent a "guy flick" while you and the kiddos go to grandmas? He may need some quiet time to decompress.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• WELL I THINK YOU HAVE 2 CHOICES, YOU CAN EITHER SIT AND TRY TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT THIS OR YOU CAN PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN WITH HIS CRYING (CUZ THATS WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE WITH BLAMING YOU FOR ALL THE FIGHTS) SOME OF THESE MEN NEED A GOOD SMACK ON THE BACK OF THIER HEAD! THE POSTER ABOVE SAID TO GIVE HIM SOME ALONE TIME? WHAT ABOUT YOU WE ALL NEED TIME ALONE HE MIGHT BE WORKING FOR THE MONEY BUT IM SURE YOUR JOB IS JUST AS HARD, MAYBE YOU NEED A BRAKE TOO!
    Anonymous

• Sometimes issues in a marriage get piled up and it causes a partner to blow up at every little thing. Have you tried talking just about everything and anything with him. Are there other things in your life together right now that can be causing stress, sometimes when I am stressed to the MAX I lash out....it's not right at all but it happens.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• "I'm Scare"

That is what worry me, I don't know much about your relationship but what you have shared with us. My question to you is. Do you fear that he can become violent with you? If so don't stick around and wait. Don't put your children through that. But if he is not that type of guy, then maybe counseling would do you good.

mmkarma

Answer by mmkarma at 10:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• It sounds like you don't have a very happy home. I would start with trying to make you and your kids happy. Try to find things that make you happy or find fun. Have fun with your kids, make things lighter and happier in your home and hopefully he will pick up on the new vibes in the home and join in. I sometimes think stress is like a spiderweb, the more stress the thicker the web. It just may be that you two have forgotten how to lighten up and just enjoy your home and your children.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009