What do you think we need to do about Iran?

Obviously cowboy diplomacy and calling them part of the "axis of evil" didn't help any. Many insist that talking to their leaders is pointless. Sanctions don't seem to be doing any good.

So, what is the solution?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 7:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Walk softly and carry a big stick.
    I think Iran and N.Korea are no forces to be taken lightly. Those people in Iran want us dead, they even want some of their own dead. The only way to change a society like that is by starting with the children and raising a new generation of peaceful thinking. But I'm not so sure the US should be the only country to try and force another country to change it's belief system. They believe they are in the right just as we believe we are in the right. That is one tough row to hoe Friday.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have no idea! *worried*
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I cannot believe how boring Cafe is tonight, logging off, you ladies have a great night.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I think we need heavy sanctions and refusals to talk until they make large deep concessions. Going to them hat in hand the way Obama did only looked weak to Ahmadinejad. I Might have looked good to the young people in Iran, but the guy in charge is the real bad guy. And yes it will probably come down to military force. Force is the ONLY thing THAT man understands. N. Korea too. All you have to do is see how often they parade their militaris. But maybe if the sanctions start affecting the day to day lives of the average Iranian they would do something about their leader. Otherwise force will be used in the end.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Talk to them.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• There is no right answer to this. I, for one, am tired of being the "police force" for the rest of the world, yet if we don't do it, then who will? I am uncomfortable about the jihadists having WMD, obviously.

Their own literature states that they are willing to do whatever, and that negotiations do no good. I don't feel that we should go in there alone, however, and it seems like we always send a lot more of our boys than anyone else does.

I like what Akin said, it's actually always how I've thought. We shouldn't be trying to charm the pants off them, but having a conversation never hurts. At least we can say we tried, and maybe get a little more firepower behind us.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• heatherama
    talk to them.

***

About.....???????
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb, bomb, Iran.....
    bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb, bomb, Iran.....
    bomb, bomb, bomb....bomb, bomb, Iraaaaaaaaan.....
    Anonymous

• As long as you, anon above me, are willing and ready to go...I'm a tired vet having done a tour in Iraq and my husband is pretty war weary after doing 4 tours in Iraq..
    Anonymous