Just Wondering....

Since buying our new converter box and an antenna off of ebay, I canceld our dish network. We get the locals and pbs, plus I bought a DVD recordor so I can still watch my shows when I want to, not to mention that all major networks have there shows available to watch on line. But my kids are not happy with the new switch. The new switch for me means I save $100 a month for them means they lost zoey 101 and iCarly LOL. Anyone else saying goodbye to thier cable companies?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 7:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• Nope. We're sticking with Directv.
    Anonymous

• Our children are older teens and an adult so we don't worry about children's shows anymore. We are connected to DirecTV because we prefer shows on channels that are not available on regular network television. We don't watch tv often, but when we do, we prefer to watch what we enjoy.

My friend out in the boonies bought the converter box and they could only get one channel. They were so disappointed! They ended up installing satellite in order to be able to get the news at least.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• We're keeping dishnetwork, we didn't have to buy the box, and my daughter loves the shows that are on there for kids. If your kids miss their shows, you should try a subscription to Netflix, because its only for us $25 a month and we get up to 4 dvd's at a time, and they have some of the series of the kids shows on there that you can get too. We mostly use it for movies, but they have kids shows on the "watch instantly" too where they can watch them on the computer.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• we have never had cable or satelite. :)
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 9:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I almost did. Yet, I renegotiated my bill and it came down 50.00 per month. I have a bundle with Internet, phone and cable. If I cancelled the television portion I would only save 30.00 a month. We have to have high speed Internet for my son's online school. 

My son is the reason we keep it. He likes Disney XD & Toon Nick. I rarely watch TV. I prefer movies. If I had to choose between Internet and cable, the television would be gone however. I agree that you can see most programming online anyway. Here is a link to turbo nick they have 8 episodes on per week of Nick tween shows. Right now there are 3 full episodes of I Carly ( we like that show too ). http://www.nick.com/turbonick/index.jhtml

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 10:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009