Anyone else wanna do this?

Move away with your SO and kids... and just go... somewhere you dont know anywhere else...
I really want to do this... its a big decision. All of my family lives close to me, but I think it would be better if they didn't... What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• its normal to want to get away from it all but uprooting your children can be a negative thing! try going on vacation to relieve some stress from your suroundings
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• from a child who moved 14 times in 14 years I can tell you moving is never easy on a child. How about a vacation?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Do what would make you happy. Dont ever stay somewhere you are unhappy, you have to do what is right for you and your family.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I did it. Best move I ever made.
    Anonymous

• I want to all the time but I wont
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• We move a lot with the military, and my kids never mind. They are always excited to see new places and make new friends, and they know we can go and visit grandma and other family every year too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• We did it too, 7 years ago and it was the best move we have ever made, the kids will bounce back if you do move. Depending on the age and if they are in school, I would let them finish the school year then move. Have a block party in your new area and invite the neighborhood kids.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• From Poster : My daughter is 10 mos old... now would be the time. I moved a lot when I was little. I know how it goes.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• My husband and I will be here in Texas for another two or three years where are so called family is but after that are moving as far away as possible. My husbands dad doesnt give a crap about him or my two year old son and his mom passed away a while ago and my parents arent any better then his dad so theres no reason to stay here. I want to bring my children up somewere new that we can call home.
    Anonymous

• yes i want to move, but my mom would be broken if i took my kids away from her.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2009