can i get pregnant after a partiel hysterectomy

mel4505

Asked by mel4505 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Health

• Did you not ask your Dr. this at anytime during your treatment for the hysterectomy? Google it woman!
    Anonymous

• Well ,I have had a complete one,but I would think,a partial is the removal of you cervix,uterus,overies, have to take the cervix to get the uterus,gotta have a uterus to carrry a baby,gotta have a cervix, gotta have ,ovaries to makes eggs.What I am trying to say is unless you only have 1 ovary removed and nothing else ,then no you cannot,it all works together. If I am wrong someone can correct me,but I don't see it happening.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• probably not. it usually involves removing the uterus.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 7:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Depends on the 'partial'. If the partial was your uterus..then no you can't. If the partial was an ovary and fallopian tube...yes you can. Call your Dr. if you are unsure what exactly was removed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If you still have ovaries and are not fully in menopause, then yes, you can get pregnant. WIthout a uterus, you can't carry the baby to term and an ectopic pregnancy is a threat to your own life. If you think this is what has happened, you need to see your doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009