CAN I ??

currently im only 24 weeks pregnant but does anyone know if you can get a tattoo whiel nursing or does the ink in my blood system have an effect on the milk she'll be getting form me

Love_My_Lil_One

Asked by Love_My_Lil_One at 7:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would wait untill you stop nursing!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I would wait. You never know if you will get an infection from it or how clean the tattoo parlor is.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• kellymom.com
    it's fine!
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Tattoos

There is no evidence that getting a tattoo will affect breastfeeding. There should be no harm to mom or baby from the dyes injected. If you get a tattoo, the biggest concern for anyone (not just nursing moms) is infection (hepatitis or HIV)-- so make sure the place you go has good references and is clean.

FAQ on Tattoos and Breastfeeding from La Leche League International

Are Tattoos Compatible with Breastfeeding? by Robyn Roche-Paull and Karen Spicer, from Leaven, Vol. 41 No. 1, February-March 2005, pp. 3-4.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• your not supposed to cause if you happen to get an infection it will be in your blood and also your milk
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 8:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2009