If a woman thinks she might be pregnant but not sure, should she stop taking birth control pills?

will birth control pills harm a baby in the early stages of pregnancy? or can she still take them just to be sure until she gets AF?

candelariaymia

Asked by candelariaymia at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my r always to keep taking it .
    people that even take the morning after pill and are already pregnant it doesnt do a thing to them or the baby . i would try to get a blood test to see . they can tell you if your HcG is rising . good luck :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• grr my DR*** not my r lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• personally I would recommend to keep taking them unless you plan on using a condom until you get a firm positive or neg result and then for another month while you start all over. I think but im not entirely sure, the concept of the birth control pill is to prevent ovulation, therefor if you already have a fertilized and implanted egg preventing ovulation shouldnt damage that embryo, in fact your body is already starting to do that naturally. I think thats how it works.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i would keep taking them util she gets a pos test..if you stop your pills for a period of time , it could take up to a month again for them to start working again.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• uhmmm id say stop taking them because birth control can kill the baby...
    Anonymous

• birth control cannot kill the baby... sheesh..

You're perfectly fine with taking them until you find out you're pregnant. I was taking pills to help me start my period while I was pregnant. My son is perfectly normal and healthy!
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• birth control will kill the baby? where do they learn this crap?

keep taking the pills till you get a BFP...or if it makes you nervous stop and use a condom, but if you start the pill again you need a backup(condoms) for 7 DAYS after, not 1 month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When I didn't know I was p/g with my son I continued to take them until I really "felt" it and took a home test and it was positive.....then I stopped taking them. This happens to woman all the time. They continue to take the pill and then find out their p/g and stop. My advice is to take a home test if you really feel it but I'm sure you already know that and have thought about it. LOL! Good Luck!
    booboosmom233

Answer by booboosmom233 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009