Do you think people are to sensitive these days?

Everything and everyone has to be "Politically Correct" or someone may get their feelings hurt. I mean, I don't thing people should go around using racial slang and intentionally hurting someone but it's getting ridiculous.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree, like that new commercial, "that's so gay", yeah, that commercial is so gay.

• its interesting how sensitive we are to things that really arent that important and the lack of sensitivity we have to things that really matter

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• yup people are way to sensitive. soemtimes i wonder when did this country turn in to a group of 5 year olds .

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Actually that should "TOO" not "TO". Just thought I'd point that out. You're welcome.

• Yes tolerance has become very intolerant.

• I think our country wasn't so sensitive until it was told to be.

A good example of this happened the other day when I popped in a Popeye cartoon classics DVD from 1938-1941. The first thing that came up was a "disclaimer" saying the cartoons on the DVD were created during a time that held certain viewpoints that were wrong then and are wrong today and Warner Brother's didn't condone the viewpoints expressed in the cartoons.

Give me a freaking break! They are cartoons! Who in their right mind would give Warner Brothers a hard time for vintage cartoons they are making available for those of us who enjoy them? Is censorship on the horizon? I think someday we won't be able to buy anything like this because of the "over-sensitive" crowd.

Answer by timelessglass at 8:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• humaniterian: i agree 100%

Answer by okmanders at 8:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• humaniterian I agree many of us are quick to use terms like thats so gay or my personal fav thats so retarded...we need to stop and think about the people out their...the mothers of handcap kids etc. So easy to forget. I know you can't avoid hurting someones feelings all the time but people really do need to think before they speak.

Answer by salexander at 9:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2009