Breastfeeding and wine

Can I have a glass of wine while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES A MATTER OF FACT U CAN HAVE A FEW,U DONT NEED TO PUMP AND DUMP EITHER JUST MAKE SURE U FEED UR BABY BEFOR U DRINK
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't see why not. Some Drs tell you can have one glass of certain red wines while pregnant. Just make sure you feed your baby before. I always wait till my little one is out for the night cause she wont need a feeding till morning. Or pump some before you drink so you can have some to spare.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. Safe to drive, safe to nurse.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• its safe to nurse if its just one glass, but if its more than that, you'll have to pump and dump
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• To each their own, I am a wine drinker and have been bf'ding for 10 months. The most that I've ever had is about 3 glasses. It has never affected my son. My thoughts are, never drink enough that you feel tipsy or buzzed. Be responsible with your choices.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 12:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yes of course you can. Just dont get trashed. I had a problem not producing enough breastmilk so my doctor actually told me to have a glass of wine a day and it would help my breastmilk production and it did. It wont harm your baby unless you are drinking more than a glass
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009