What do you give to someone leaving to Afghanistan for another tour of duty ?

I have a good friend who is leaving in April for his 2nd deploymant to Afghanistan. He is having a "GoodBye" Party and I really wanted to get him something. Im hoping some of you awesome military wives, girlfriends, or moms could help me out.
A) Are they even allowed to take anything with them ?
B) If so, what is a good gift to get him. What is something soldiers need while out there or like to have?

Thanks ladies!

xtina34

Asked by xtina34 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A Fleshlight.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well it depends on what he likes as far as things he can easily take with him. I sent my hubby movies because he took his laptop and he could watch movies on it. Find out if he is taking a laptop and if so if there are any games or movies he likes. Also, books if he likes to read. As far as practical stuff, they usually need baby wipes, toiletries, non-perishable foods like jerky, cookies, chips, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• big bag of m&m's :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• i sent my dh games, movies, and candies, like mms.. i also gave him a military bible, a book, to read. as a gift to give ,i say games, movies, cds for music... maybe a headset for his cd player..laptop??
    Anonymous

• A BJ!!! Seriously though, my brother in Iraq wanted movies and books! Send some of those home videos you love to make! LOL, love you!!!
    jamieandjohnny

Answer by jamieandjohnny at 8:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• All of the above and a Big Hug and thank him for all of us for fighting for our country.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• stationary, stamps, phone card, single drink mix for individual water bottles, chap stick
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Well crap! Jspy took my answer!
    Moomie

Answer by Moomie at 10:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• did you mean to say a flashlight?
    Anonymous

• no, no. A fleshlight fo sho.

If you don't have the money for a fake vagina...give them a big herpes kiss. I know they will love the gift that keeps on giving.
    stanmom

Answer by stanmom at 11:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009