need information on preschool

I was wondering what age preschool starts and how do you in roll your child up for preschool.

cjray77

Asked by cjray77 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Its different depending on where you are. My 3 y/o is in preschool and goes to the elementary school so I registered him there.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Does your child attend day care....my girls go to Tutor Time and they are a day care / pre-k program. My daughter will start Kinder this year in September and I feel like they have really prepared her for all she will need in Kinder.
    I think preperation for Kinder can start any time, is your baby ready to learn?
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• All babies are ready to learn, not all are ready for school.

I didn't send my kids to Preschool, they did great in Kindergarten.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• my daughter started preschool at 3..it was two days a week for 2.5 hrs..now shes in the 4yr old program and its three days a week for 2.5 hours...i heard about mine thru word of mouth...but..you can look in the yellowpages..or sometimes in your local newspaper theres advertisements
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• mine went when he was 3. it was awesome. hes still going and he will be more than ready for kindergarden
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• here they can start as early as 3 as long as they are potty trained. and you can always work with them on different things at home. even just a little. like when you are playing with things use the colors to describe them, like, can you get the blue ball? or how many stuffed animals are there? things like that. i know its not the same as letter recognition, but i started singing the ABCs to my SS and trying to get him to sing them. I wanted to familiarize him with letters as a concept.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My daughter started preschool when she was 3. She's been in daycare though since she was three months so she was used to being out of the house and without us for the day.
    If you want to enroll your child, find a good school and just call them up. They may have a waiting list so you're better off doing it ASAP.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son was at home until 3, when he started a 2 day a week prescool, to get him used to not being with Momma. He had to be potty trained to get to go. They learned how to share, stay in centers and sit while learning. My son actually picked up counting in Spanish and the teacher said she only said it while passing out papers. They really don't "learn" school stuff. It's more for getting structure so they will understand and be used to it before school. He went to headstart at 4, again because he needed to learn to survive without Momma and I didn't want him to start Kindergaten before he was unattached. He was ready to go by the time he was 5. Had no problem adjusting.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Most kids can start once they are potty trained and it depends on where you live. Some places have public preschool and others, like where I live are all private, except for Headstart, which has an income requirement.

Our second daughter is not currently in preschool and we are still deciding whether to send to public school or homeschool like our oldest. Good Luck
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009