Baby teething and wood

My daughter is 7 months and she is teething like crazy!! She will stick pretty much anything in her mouth to chew, suck or bite on. But she really loves wood! Like if I'm at the dinning table with her on my lap she'll lean over to the posts of the chair and try to bite on it. She'll try to chew on the coffee table. Anything wood she really goes after. I was wonder if any of your lil darlings did the same thing or I just have a lil woodchuck on my hands lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is very common. Lots of companies make wooden teething toys. To save your furniture, you might buy a couple.

Try www.oompa.com
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• so you have my daughter as well! Mine is still doing it and she is 9 months old!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Thank you for the answers ladies! Kaycee I'll check out the site now. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• My 10 month is teething again now and has actually bitten a chunk of wood out of my windowsill--seriously!! She really really likes to chew on wood--personally I think its a texture thing, and the wood provides enough density that it probably soothes the gums alot. LOL I had to put up a baby fence in front of my window to keep her away from the sill!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• LOL...my son rubbed his teeth back and forth across the end of his wooden babybed where he would stand. He did it enough to dig a groove into end. We thought it was the funniest thing ever. I always joked, that it was a good thing that I bought a real heavy wood bed or he would have eaten it up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2009