anyone have 50/50 custody with an ex need some ? answered

a judge has arranged ex n i to have 50/50 custody, but he still claims he has them more. he's refusing to sell our marital home that he cant afford. i have my own place that the kids stay in with me but he wants me to help him with his morgage. the judge has told him there is no money between us but hasnt enforeced the sell any advice.

tinkerinnich

Asked by tinkerinnich at 8:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• let him dig his own hole
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• He should have you do a quit claim deed to get your name off it then refinance it or sell it (of course that is up to him) You should not have to help him with his mortgage though. My ex is still in our old house. He's offered to rent it to me & my new husband but I said no thanks ( I got my name off it, he refinanced it & took extra money so the mortgage is way higher now)
    Anonymous

• Note....your name needs to be off the deed AND the mortgage. Even if you quit claim it over to your ex, if your name is still on the mortgage, its still your responsibility. You need to pressure him to sell it if he can't afford it on his own though.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• quick deed yourself off of it, or tell him to get a roommate.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 10:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• SLW is RIGHT. Quitclaim does NOT release you from the mortgage. DH signed a quitclaim for his ex wife b/c the financial institution said they needed it to refinance....but the ex never refinanced and forceclosed.

So not only did he have no right to the property or assets but he was supposed to pay the mortgage.

We didn't, we couldn't afford two homes and now he has a foreclosure on his record.

Ugh.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2009