what the hell can i do about constant fighting between my 6,5,and4yr old. They fight over everything and anything possible. HELP!!!

crazybiotch

Asked by crazybiotch at 8:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sometimes (or most of the time) I feel that sibling fighting is recreational. They do it because they like the rush they get from it. You've seen kittens and dogs squabbling, they are just practicing behavior that is natural and instinctive for them. Kids do it, too. They don't really hate one another, maybe at the time of the fight they have feelings of anger, but this is normal. As long as they don't harm each other, I told mine to work it out on their own. If mom doesn't get involved, then they do work it out.

Answer by Bmat at 8:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• If it is driving you crazy, I know mine did, get a water bottle & squirt them when they are fighting. Turn their anger into laughter.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My husband went thought that phase with his 3 girls, I should say survied it. His girls are now in their 30's and still fight about stuff. "Dad loves your kids more", or "Why do you get everything?" So I would say you just have to deal with it. Sorry.

confused

Westsidemama

Answer by Westsidemama at 11:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Dido to * motherofhope98. We live by the gun (squirt) in our house. I works for yelling, not paying attention, heck even the cat gets it.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I make them hold hands and give eachother compliments. Tehy crack up and forget about therir fight.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 2:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009