diagnosed with schizencephaly

Hello, my baby was due April 25, however he came March 17th. He was diagnosed with schizencephaly, We are waiting fro an MRI, because his heart was also faling which mafe him come early and he is filled with fluid that has to be drained.

He does not cry, he opens his eyes and looks back and forth at people. He just started moving his fingers. Does anyone have any experice with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't have any experience with this, but my heart goes out to you and your son. I will keep your son in my prayers. Please keep us updated. If you have any questions or concerns, maybe you should speak with your son's doctor/nurses. They would be able to answer all of your question, as to whether your son's behavior is normal for his diagnosis. You could probably also benefit from joining a premature board, where people are more likely to be able to relate with what you are going through. There's one here at http://www.cafemom.com/group/2776/ and that's not the only one either. Best of luck!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• No answers, just (((((HUGS))))). I just googled it and I wish you the best :)
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• Thank you for hugs and prayers, We got good news today, He is progressing. Please keep em coming
    nasibaby

Answer by nasibaby at 5:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My little angel also has schizencephaly. She is 5 months old and has an MRI tomorrow. There isn't much known about it and all cases are different. I wish you the best. I'll request you so we can chat if you want someone to talk to.
    Absurd

Answer by Absurd at 3:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009