Do any of you momma's out there worry about your baby hitting their head too much?!?

My daughter is 7 months old and is rolling, scooting and crawling all over!! She even pulls her self up on stuff. She falls down or rolls over off the mat or blankies I put down for her. She hits her head sometimes. She cries sometimes other times she doesn't. We have hardwood floor. It sucks!!She goes off of the mats and blankets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand exactly what you are going through. My baby did the same thing. We have hardwood floors, I got an area rug and she crawls off it! Today she took a fall and has a bump on her forehead!
    Like my mother says "It takes bumps and bruises for them to learn". Just try to keep them safe is all we can do. I just hold her and cuddle her when they occur.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I'm always worried but my SIL told me when her kids were young she freaked out and the doctor actually said I would be worried if your children didn't have bruises or knots on their heads! =) Their heads are so much stronger than we think!
    Anonymous

• I was always worried about it with my first one I wanted to bubble wrap her. Now I have my second and I swear she is a dissaster waiting to happen.(It does not help that she starting walking at 8 months) I have learned to be a little less protective. things are gonna happen, she is gonna get hurt. I just do as much as I can with preventing majior bumps. I have a glass dinning table so I got the bunpers, and I made sure that any tall shelfs were secured to the wall. their kids they will be ok but I know how bad it feels when your little ones get bumps....
    inessama

Answer by inessama at 9:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I don't worry so much by the number of times he hits his head, but how hard. All three my kids run into walls, roll off furniture, stand or lift their head up before they are clear of whatever they are under, and my favorite, trip on thin air. If it is a big wammy, I just watch him for a couple of hours. Crying is a good sign, I check for swelling and I don't let him sleep too soon after knocking his noodle.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2009