Is there really a thing called power mothering?

my husband thinks i am power mothering when i read about the growth of our baby inside me! and he also thinks i am planning too far ahead ... is this normal or is power mothering a bad thing idk please assist!

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol one thing I've learned is that you can NEVER be too prepared. read every book you need to to feel secure about your pregnancy and birth.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• He sounds nervous about this whole expierience. You are not power mothering. What is that? Every pregnant mother reads about their baby's growing inside them. Duh
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• darlin, he sounds like a man. throw your shoe at him and tell him to STFU! or buy him something to read. they make dad survival books that are pretty comical. he might enjoy one of those.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 10:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have no idea what Power Mothering might be, but I went out and bought my fiancee two books for fathers. One is called The Expectant Father by Armin A. Brott and Jennifer Ash and the other is called How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy by Uzzi Reiss, M.D. and Yfat M. Reiss. He likes the first and I like the second!!

My only real advice is to keep away from the websites and books that tell you EVERYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG. You will drive yourself crazy and will do no one any good.
    Bluedragn8

Answer by Bluedragn8 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2009