Is it wrong to let my daughter date a 17 year old boy?

He is responsible, he is very respectful of our rules for example she is not allowed to go driving around with him and he says that he understands. I have asked him alot of ?'s and still have more which he has agreed to answer. The only problem is my husband is absolutely against it.

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• It really depends on how old your daughter is!!!

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• if your daughter is 13, 14 or 15 there is a serious problem. in a lot of states a 17y.o boy could be considered an adult and statutory rape charges are a possibility.  If she is 13 or 14  I say you are NUTS to let a 17 y.o boy date her much less spend time with her.

Answer by vbruno at 10:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• he sounds like a nice kid, and he met you which is great, but how old is she? if she's 15 ok, but younger than that no way.

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think its about how you, personally, feel. I don't think any other parent can give you the right answer for you nor your child =)

Answer by New2WAHJ at 10:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• How old is your DD?? Then we'll see...

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yea, it's really impossible to give an answer without knowing how old your daughter is. My daughter is almost 17 and she's dating a 18 year old boy... he will be a senior this year and she's a junior. I let her go places with him with friends, or I take them places or he comes over to our house but she is not allowed to be alone with him and I dont let him drive her anywhere..

Answer by mars33me at 10:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• You & your husband need to come to some parent saying one thing, an the other parent saying another won't help this situation any.

Answer by Nicki87 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no it depeneds if your daughter is over 13 then i think she will be ok. my mom let me be with my boyfriend and i was 14 when we met(now i am 17) and he was 22 when we met. my dad sint like it eaither but thats all dads but you guys have to talk about best wishes to you:) it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yep, you need to say how old daughter is. If she is 16, 17 or 18 its fine. I wouldn't let a 15 yo date a 17 yo and if she is 18 or older it may be statutory rape in some states with she as the rapist. If she is younger than 16 it may be statutory rape with him as the rapist.

Answer by seakla at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• how old is youe daughter

Answer by mom63863 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008